Sunday, November 7, 2010

A Message from My Daughter

As my daughter grew into a young lady, I marveled at her accomplishments whether it was taking her first "step," reading a book on her own for the very first time, creating beautiful art projects designed especially for Mom and Dad, giving her "all" while participating in her favorite activities, beaming with pride after obtaining her first job and purchasing her first car, or displaying her happiness at even the most minuscule things in life.

For me, however, there was one very special message from her that I think of more often than any of her accomplishments. It is a handwritten note that was tucked deep inside a Mother's Day gift package she sent to me after having left home to begin her life's adventure.


Mom,

I hope that I have surprised you with this package, and I also hope that you like this afghan. I could not find a better way to say "Happy Mother's Day" than millions of stitches and hours and weeks of work.

If I made one stitch for everything that you have done for me--the afghan would circle the Earth five times. :) I want to thank you for being an example to me and showing me true love, courage, strength, and the will to strive and better myself.

Everything that I have accomplished and will do in my life, I owe to you. Thank you for being the perfect mother.

Lots of Love,

Janelle


Not only does this remind me of what a wonderful, thoughtful daughter I have, but also how thankful I am to have her as an enormous part of my life. I'm sure that she never imagined how a message in a package could mean so much. It's those little things that make such a huge impact in a person's life.


I love you, Jen!

Mom


To my readers: This blog is quite personal, but I chose to write it if I could inspire just one person. If you are fortunate to have your mother or daughter with you today, I pray you will do something special for them. Cherish the moment because life is too short, and only God knows how long they will be with you.


No comments:

Post a Comment