Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Conquering Obstacles (Part 16--Questions???)

As I lay awake in bed that night, the questions rambled through my mind.

Am I truly happy the way I am? If that means wearing Oxfords for the rest of my life, then I would say NO. If it means not having as many people stare and point at me, then I would say Yes. My classmates are much nicer to me now than ever before. I think they have accepted me for who I am. That definitely makes me happy.

BUT...my parents are building a new home and will be moving across town this summer. The majority of my classmates will be going to West High School while I will be attending Senior High School. This means starting all over making new friends, so will I be happy the way I am? Probably not because it's going to be tough enough as it is to make friends.

I wonder how long I'll be away from home if I decide to go? I've spent  two weeks with my grandparents in Wyoming during the summers for the last few years. I didn't get homesick. Then there were the weeks at church camp, and I was okay with being away. I'm sure this is going to be more than just two weeks, though.

Wow! I'd be gone on my 15th birthday. That is definitely something I would miss. I wonder if they celebrate birthdays in the hospital?

Will I be back before school starts? I remember when Jacque came to school in the middle of the first grade. I think that would be hard to handle. Everyone has their friends made by then, and being older, I would think it would be even harder to make friends.

What if I'm gone the entire school year? I'd probably have to repeat my sophomore year which would be a total disaster!!  Hmmm...I wonder if the hospital patients even go to school...very good question!

Will this be my one and only chance to change my life? The Shrine Hospital only helps children up to the age of 16, which means that if I choose not to go, I will have thrown away this opportunity. But there could be others, couldn't there?

But then I hear my mother's words once again, "There are no promises." That's quite a negative thought coming from my mother considering she's usually so positive about everything, but perhaps she's preparing me for the worst.

What to do?  What to do?   Is this or is this not part of God's plan for me? 

So many questions and so few answers.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment