Sunday, October 17, 2010

Conquering Obstacles (Part 30--The Bond)

When I returned to Vic's, he was obviously curious as to where I had gone and what I had done, but I really wasn't in the mood to "share." It was between Jacque and me, not him, even though he was the reason for the encounter.

It was only then that he told me about her telephone calls; her wanting to eat lunch with him at school; her constantly following him around all day like a lost puppy; her waiting at his locker between classes; her asking for a ride home so she wouldn't have to ride the bus; and her wanting to spend more time with him to talk about me, of course, because she was my best friend.

I don't know whatever possessed me to say it but at that very moment I told him, "If you want her, then have her."  I was in tears by then feeling the loneliest I had felt in a very long time.

Wrapping his arms around me, kissing away my tears, he whispered for the very first time, "I love you."

Was this going to be the bond that would hold us together forever? We still had another year of high school and only time would tell.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment